International collaboration in energy and oceans science and technology
CSIRO works with industry leaders and researchers around the world to solve challenges related to energy production and management, and sustainable benefits from marine resources.
CSIRO draws on the skills of our scientists across many different disciplines to solve problems and develop new technology related to energy production and management, and sustainable benefits from marine resources. Collaboration with international partners is an important part of this work.
We carry out research and collaboration in the following areas:
- Sustainable energy
- Petroleum and geothermal research
- Advanced coal technology
- Ocean and coastal research
- Earth sciences and resource engineering
- Energy technology.
CSIRO encourages and supports global partnerships in order to:
- Share knowledge with other world-leading science organisations
- Support industry to improve products and processes
- Develop and commercialise new technology
- Help developing countries build capacity, reduce poverty and achieve sustainable development
- Underpin international action on global issues
- Collaboratively create a more sustainable world.
CSIRO’s international collaborations involve regional organisations, industry, SMEs, governments and science agencies around the world. Our partners include:
- ERSDAC (Japan)
- TNO (Netherlands)
- PETRONAS (Malaysia)
- China Research Institute of Petroleum Exploration and Development
- China University of Mining and Technology
- China Geological Survey
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (USA).
CSIRO welcomes new collaborations and partnerships. Please use the contact details at right.
Read more about CSIRO's International Activities.